Sunday, September 14, 2008

Praise and Prayer Time

Although the devastation of hurricane Ike will probably cost millions of dollars in Galveston, TX, I give praise that the more than 2,000 residents who elected to stay were rescued and transported to a safer place.

We still need prayers for the extensive damage done by the hurricane especially Houston, Galveston and south of Galveston, TX. It is being predicted that it will take months to rebuild, and weeks for the power to come back. Some oil pipelines and platforms were also damaged in the gulf. My sympathy and support goes to the residents who live in those regions.

We should also remember the train wreck near Los Angeles, California.

5 comments:

Mari said...

I join you in the prayers, Nance, to those residents who are now homeless. Thankfully, however, there were very few injuries.

The train wreck had been in our minds, as well. That place is only about 20 miles from my home. My heart goes out to the families of the victims.

CONNIE said...

My prayers go out to the individuals who are affected. I haven't been following the news lately. I am in my own world right now with my ill BF.

I hope you have a great day, Nance!

Vk-mahalkaayo said...

I'm praying for you all, God will bring the victory!

Amen

MeMeMe said...

Nance, do you live in that area?

I heard about that awful train wreck.

Nola said...

All of Texas needs to be remembered. Evacuees are everywhere, and even 250 miles inland, our stores, motels, and gas stations are overwhelmed by the numbers of people they are trying to serve.