Monday, August 11, 2008

Snow in August?!!

Nope, it's not snow ... it's hail! We have had hail before but not this much. They were pea-size where we live, but on the news they were golf-ball-size in other areas. Yesterday, we had the longest thunderstorm that I can remember; from 6pm to past 10pm. Pouring rain, hail and lightning and thunder kept cracking in the sky. Luckily, we did not get any power outage. The wind brought down many tree limbs and broke a lot of my plants. It was dark and it was gloomy. I took a picture of our deck covered with hail because it fascinates me, but jumped back in because I was afraid of lightning.



This is what the sky looked like on our way back home before the thunderstorm; I took it from inside the car ... a storm was brewing alright. It looked like the storm was localized because part of the sky was light and shining and other part was really dark; it was mysterious almost but that was the beauty of it, and it made me decide to take a few shots. This picture would be a nice model to paint, wouldn't you say?

5 comments:

Mari said...

Wow! That is a lot of hail. I think, it was last year that we had hail here, but they were pea-size.

If ever you decide to paint that scene don't included the electrical wires. LOL

Tracy said...

OH, my gosh!! The weather can be sooo crazy! So sorry there was damage...but at least the worst went quickly. That last photo is gorgeous...Mother Naure is a wonder! Happy Days :o)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nance said...

mari,
Certainly was.
I tried to imagine without the electrical wires and it seems less "busy" ... i like it, thanks for the tip.

Nance said...

tracy,
thanks for the visit. yes, weather can be so crazy sometimes, sunny one minute and dark the next.