Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Today is Thankful Thursday ... already? lol ... time goes fast when you're having fun! I have a lot to be thankful for but for now I will just post part of one of my favorite hymns. Rhondi of Rose Colored Glasses is hosting a Thankful Thursday. Please visit her blog if you're interested to join. So, here goes ...

I'm Pressing on the Upward Way

I'm pressing on the upward way,
New heights I'm gaining every day;
Still praying as I'm onward bound,
"Lord, plant my feet on higher ground."

Lord, Lift me up and let me stand
By faith on heaven's table land,
A higher plane that I have found;
"Lord, plant my feet on higher ground."


I love this hymn ... it's very old, 1898. Have a wonderful Thursday everybody!

11 comments:

Mari said...

That is an old! I'm sure I can't sing this song, I'll just hum (still out of tune) the last line, which I like..."Lord, plant my feet on higher ground."

Have a Thankful Thursday!

Nance said...

Thanks, mari ... we learn a lot of "wisdom" from the olds ... you know what i mean? :)

MeMeMe said...

it's uplifting Nance...
Thank you for sharing.

The job interview was a preliminary one, then they had to interview internal candidates. I got an email yesterday saying they are now looking at external. I am crossing my fingers and toes and hoping God will make a way for me to get in. It's a great opportunity especially for an immigrant like me, in the city of Pittsburgh, during hard times like now, at home and nationwide. worldwide i guess. pakisama mo naman ako sa dasal mo.

Thank you Nancy
Jeannie

Jane O' said...

The words were great in 1898 and still hold true to this day. Thanks for the reminder.

Chris said...

Yes, that's an oldie but a goodie. Thanks for posting the words, they'll be playing in my head all day!

I have CD set called "Hymns from the Old Country Church", and it is so good to listen to the traditional hymns before heading off to church to hear the more contemporary music. (I am learning to enjoy that too!)

Rhondi said...

I hummed along as I read the words!
Rhondi xo

Anonymous said...

Wonderful song and the words are beautiful. Thaks for visiting today. have a wonder thankful Thursday.

Jeanne

CONNIE said...

Kumusta, Nance. It's really nice meeting you. Don't be a stranger now!

Never heard about this hymn but the words are are indeed uplifting.

Anonymous said...

Nance, your post is a feel good message today. Thanks for stopping by my post today with your sweet comment.

Take Care, Jeanne

Joyce's Journey said...

What a beautiful Thankful Thursday post. That is a beautiful hymn. Thank you so much for sharing it. I truly enjoyed!

Anonymous said...

Nance, thanks for your visit today. I really appreciate your sweet comments.

Jeanne