Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Yea! it's another Thankful Thursday! Rhondi of rose colored glasses is hosting this. Please visit her when you have a chance. I hope you are not tired of seeing pictures of flowers from my garden beds. Anyways, today I am thankful for my flowers, and pictured below are how I utilize them. Every Monday I bring a bouquet to work and display it in our waiting room for all patients to enjoy.



And on Saturday afternoon, I brought a bucket of flowers to our church to decorate the front part of our church ... for the congregation to enjoy. I normally give away the flowers after the service.



Here's a close-up of one of my church's flower arrangements.


Look how big these Dahlias are! I took a picture with a tape rule just to show you how big they are. They are bigger than the palm of my hand.



And above all, thank God for His continued creation and favorable weather to provide growth on all things He created.

P.S.
... in case you're wondering on the date, I saved this as draft Wed. night, and published Thursday a.m. before heading off to work. Thank you all for visiting!

16 comments:

Tracy said...

Wonderful flowers...definitely sweet things to be thankful for! Happy Day :o)

Jane O' said...

I for one never tire of looking at flowers. Your dahlias are fantastic.
P.S. to write in draft on Wednesday and then post with a Thursday date, click on post options at the bottom of your compose window. Set the date and time you want it to be posted, and them click Publish. It will then be listed as "scheduled" in your list of posts. I do this every week and sometimes write posts several days in advance. Hope this helps.

Mother Nature said...

It's nice people like you that make the world a better place.

Nance said...

Tracy, thanks for the visit.

Nance said...

Jane Marie,
Me too. I love fresh flowers.
Thanks for the tip, I learned something new today and I will try it next Thankful Thursday.

Nance said...

Mother nature,
that is so sweet ... thanks.

MeMeMe said...

hi there! we are thankful for the same things... your flowers are beautiful and i am sure they bring joy to those you share it with.

MeMeMe said...

Nance!!!! sa iyo pala ito, comment lang ako ng comment akala ko puti yung may ari ng blog. Naku, I am sure na-a-appreciate ni Lord yung mga flowers na dinadala mo sa kanya.

Thank you for stopping by today.
j

Anonymous said...

I'm not tired watching flowers either, mahilig ako sa bulaklak nance. Even sa pinas I also planted flowering plants in my small garden.That's what i love here in my place also, flowers everywhere.
Yes, it's a thankful blessing indeed.The Cold season is coming soon, aww...mawawala na ang mga flowers.

Mari said...

I love your flowers, Nance. They add color to your yard, and to your blog, as well. I wish I have that many flowers in my yard.

Anonymous said...

wow!subarashii!i love flowers,Nance..i think i need to learn how to grow them...hehe..maybe next year,ill start to garden na rin,lil by lil...in my tiny yard.

btw,waiting room?patient?u have a clinic?great!

ghee

CONNIE said...

Your dahlias are fabulous. I didn't grow them this year. A bouquet of fresh-from-the-yard blooms can really make your day.


Have a great weekend, kabayan!

Rhondi said...

Hi Nance
Those dahlia's are amazing! I'm sure the patients enjoy the flowers you bring each week too.
Hope you have a great weekend.
Hugs, Rhondi

Joyce's Journey said...

Your flowers are incredible. It is so nice that you share them with so many. Everyone must get such joy from seeing them. How beautiful!!

Dana said...

Beautiful! I bet your yard is a sight to behold!

Vk-mahalkaayo said...

ang ganda ng mga dahlia mo....mga malaki pa-...
i click the pics.

i like dahlia very much, like tulip too.....

i remember noon sa pinas pa, magdala kami ng flowers para sa church.
matuwa ang mga pari n madre.....

thanks for sharing-.-.